How to de-stress!
Stress is a part of many peoples daily lives and i am no different. I stress a lot and sometimes you just can't help it! These are my tips for de-stressing and i hope that some of these techniques work for you:
1. Pamper Yo' Self - If you can, i highly recommend soaking in a bubble bath or having a shower with some essentials oils, a nice bath bomb, candles, whatever makes you feel great! I like to do this if i have a headache or just to relax and have some down time.
2. Go outside and move! - I know, i know! This isn't anything new but it does work MOST of the time. I like to do bootcamps in the park, take my dog for a walk and just observe my surroundings and the wildlife. I also like to stare at the night sky because sometimes it give me perspective as to how small my problems may be in the grand scheme of things. It is pretty incredible to think that we are just these tiny humans on this giant earth ball floating through space!
3. Happy Music - It is so easy when you are sad and feeling down to listen to music that makes you feel sad. I do it all the time! but it is also great to listen to music that makes you happy because it can instantly lift your mood. For me, i love listening to Could You Be Loved by Bob Marley.
4. Spend time with animals - If you are like me and you love animals then spend some time with them! Wether that be your own animals or your friends, go to the dog park or even volunteer at your local animal shelter because shelter animals really appreciate the extra attention.
5. Be Creative - It seems as we all get older and live our adult lives that we have less time to be creative, which is why i think the new colouring book trend is so great! It gives people the opportunity to express themselves without having to judge their artworks. Even learning a new skill or finding a new hobby could be a way to unleash your creativity.
Please, don't fret if these techniques don't help you because i know it can be hard when someone tells you that you will feel better and you give it a go but don't feel any different. Just don't give up and keep searching for something that relates to you and your needs because you will find it! I would love to know in the comments below how you like to de-stress and maybe we can help each other!
✌ ♥ Hayley Wilson