My 5 favourite ways to be fit and move my body!
I love exercising and before I got into music I was a really active and sporty kid. I did swimming, tennis, soccer, netball, dance, you name it! As I got older I started to realize the mental health benefits of consistently moving my body and when my mind feels great I am a happier person.
So today I’m sharing with you my top 5 favourite ways to get out and move my body. Some of these I do every week and some of them I don’t do as often but they still make me feel good and I do them when I can!
1. Yoga - I love yoga and have been to several yoga classes since I was 12 years old. My mum got me into yoga because of the benefits it has for your mind and your body. Yoga to me is not about getting fit and working out, it’s about taking the time to slow down, breathe and re-connect with my self. It grounds me back down on an energetic level so I can move forward in my day at a steady pace.
2. Bootcamp - I have been going to boot camp regularly for almost a year now and I love it. It’s not the screaming-in-your-face kind of Bootcamp that we hear about but it still gets great results because everyone works together to motivate one another and honestly Bootcamp to me is almost harder than when I did cheerleading conditioning back in the day!
3. Swimming - Summer is almost here in Australia and I am looking forward to swimming again. I started swimming competitively from the age of 2 and I quit when I was 13. I still love to swim and this summer I’m going to make myself go to the beach as well as the natural springs nearby when I want to cool down.
4. Dance - I love dance, it is one of my greatest passions in life. I started dancing when I was about 5 or 6 years old and danced all through out my schooling. After high school I took the occasional class and then began cheerleading. Dance for me is a whole new way to experience music and to express myself. Although I have not been to a class lately, I am always keeping an eye out and hoping someone will teach adult classes near by so I can start dancing once again.
5. Horse riding - This last one I don’t get to do as often as I would like but I love horse riding. I used to ride quite frequently but riding lessons can be expensive and I do not own my own horse which makes it difficult. I will however be saving up so that I can occasionally treat myself to a nice trail ride on the beach or a lesson at my local riding school just so I can spend some time in the saddle again.
Let me know in the comments below what your favourite sport or activity is to keep you moving!
✌ ♥ Hayley Wilson